My dream has always been to tell my story, by ultimately becoming a Inspirational Speaker.
If you are interested in helping my achieve my dream email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding Happiness After Depression
The Importance of Having Faith and Hope
Tips and Tricks for working with Pediatric Cancer Patients
Public Speaking Experience:
ANNUAL RECREATIONAL THERAPY WORKSHOP – Toledo, OH (4/14)
Presenter – A Recreational Therapist’s Role in Meeting the Needs of Chronically Ill Children
- 60 minute presentation focusing on how children cognitively develop and play, utilizing that knowledge to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with chronically ill children while creating and maintaining a safe therapeutic environment for that child.
• A case study of a 20 month old child diagnosed with Leukemia was examined – treatment goals, interventions and outcomes.
BISHOP HARTLEY HIGH SCHOOL – Columbus, OH (11/13)
- 30 minutes talk sharing my story. What is was like to have cancer in high school and how God and my faith guided me through life after treatment.
BRAIN TUMOR SURVIVORSHIP CONFERENCE – Columbus, OH (4/13)
Co-Presenter – How to Help Child Cope with a Family Members Cancer Diagnosis
- 30 minutes presentation on the ways to help children understand and cope with a family member’s cancer diagnosis.
UNC HOSPITALS RECREATIONAL THERAPY LUNCH AND LEARN – Chapel Hill, NC (7/08)
Presenter – Assisting With Patients’ New Diagnoses (And the Corresponding Family Dynamics)
- 60 minute presentation focusing steps to talking with the patient, sibling and parents when a child is newly diagnosis. Exploring a variety of goals that can be utilized to help the child cope with their diagnosis.
NORTH CAROLINA SURVIVORSHIP SUMMIT– Raleigh, NC (2008)
Co-Presenter – Traveling the Road to Maturity: Issues of Adolescents and Young Adults
- 60 minute presentation focusing on the variety of issues Adolescents and Young Adults may face such as Relationships, Careers, Follow-Up Healthcare, Insurance and Fertility.
CANCER PATIENT EDUCATION NETWORK CONFERENCE – Greensboro, NC (11/06)
Presenter – A Velvet Touch – A Guide to Animal Assisted Activities/Therapy (AAA/T) and How It Can Benefit Cancer Patients
- 30 minutes presentation on the benefits of AAA/T with cancer patients along with precautions to take for infection control purposes and how to start a pet therapy program.