There are countless resources out there, this is just a small list of resources that I have utilized over the years and can recommend.
CAC2 (Coalition Against Childhood Cancer) – A collaborative network of organizations and individuals supporting and serving the childhood cancer community.
- CAC2 fosters and sustains greater levels of collaboration, information exchange, and learning across the childhood cancer community through agreed upon initiatives in the areas of advocacy & awareness building, family support, and research & treatment
- Hope Portal – a one stop shop to find resources
St. Baldrick’s – Fills the gap in childhood cancer funding through raising money through their head shaving events. They are the largest private funder of research grants specific for childhood cancer.
A Kid Again – For twenty plus years, A Kid Again has helped to restore a sense of normal for families thrust into the situation of having to care for a child with a life-threatening illness. The are located in Ohio and Indiana.
- A Kid Again hosts year-round events to support these families and provide them with memories that will last a lifetime.
Stupid Cancer – Stupid Cancer offers a lifeline to the adolescent and young adult cancer community by connecting them to age-appropriate resources and peers who get it.
- Their mission is to empower adolescents and young adults affected by cancer by ending isolation and building community
Dolphin Research Center – Through education, research and rescue, Dolphin Research Center promotes peaceful coexistence, cooperation and communication between marine mammals, humans and the environment we share with the well being of DRC’s animals taking precedence.
- They work with Make A Wish and can accommodate individuals with special needs.